
If you are from the greater Seattle area, you probably wouldn't say, "Hey lets go to Monroe for some good seafood." This city is more of a steak stop if you ask me... I mean, every which way you look there are barns and livestock. The only fish I figured Monroe would fry up good, would be that of the cat or carp kind.
Well, I am here to share that Sockeye's Restaurant & Bar located on the man-maid yet beautiful Lake Tye off Fryelands Blvd in Monroe, WA is just as good, if not better than our Seattle Favorite, Anthony's Home Port.
Sockeye's was a birthday choice and a good one at that (not mine). They sat us in front of a window overlooking the lake and I swear it looked like we were in North Carolina or somewhere in the South. We had the perfect vantage point to watch a gorgeous sunset... with a side of thundershowers.

They started us off with fresh baked foccacia bread seasoned with herbs and served with olive oil and balsamic. We went through two baskets in about five minutes.
I had a starter salad with blue cheese, lightly tossed with dressing and served with English cucumber and a tomato (yum). I decided to try something new in the fish category and took a chance with the Rockfish. No one at the table knew what Rockfish was so it was in deed a chance. Upon the arrival of my dish I decided I made the right choice! I discovered that Rockfish is a white, flakey fish, similar to halibut or mahi but much more mild - it's all about the flavoring with this fish.
My fish came with a cashew crust, pan sauteed with a side of tarter sauce that was TDF (to die for). Super light and with a hint of horseradish I believe - SO good. I also had baby new potatoes tossed in herbs and some sauteed veggies on the side. The fish was absolutely outstanding! Needless to say I overate and eventually went into a food coma.
Marge's Rating: 3 Stars and I would and will go back ;)
For more information, visit http://sockeyesrestaurant.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment