
I love most things Vintage, so I thought I would include something on the subject! Some day when I have my own kitchen (currently renting with a friend), i look forward to decorating my kitchen most! I would have to say I think I picked up my taste for this genre when I spent some time in Europe, specifically France and Italy. I just love things that look like they have a story behind them.
For example, old menus. I tried to start collecting vintage-looking menus but it ceased after just one that i picked up in Napa Valley. A friend of mine, Jamie, collects menus and posts them in her kitchen, which i think is a delightful conversation piece and something fun for guests to look at.
Other items i think are quite charming, are old labeled containers for baking ingredients or spices. You can typically find these types of things in Antique stores (which are indeed OLD) or Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma (they just LOOK old).
Small street signs or cafe signs are great if you can find them versus stealing them (federal offense) and also coasters, which people might think are really trashy, but I personally enjoy them. My mom collects them from all of her travels and has a huge decorative glass bowl full of them.Other fun items to look for:
- Salt and pepper shakers made of depression glass
- Antique Steak Brander (you can customize with initials)
- Old Kitchen utinsels
- Linen napkins from different restaurants (this does require being sneaky - I did this all over Europe)
- Wine Bottle Labels
- Old Cook Books
- Old Cook Books
No comments:
Post a Comment